Responsible research practice: See the names of the new advisers and members
Rector Brian Bech Nielsen has appointed the faculties' special advisers on responsible conduct of research and the members of the Committee for Responsible Conduct of Research at Aarhus University.
Special advisers on responsible conduct of research are now a reality at all of AU’s faculties. Anyone involved in research will be able to talk confidentiality with the advisers if they experience problems with research practice in their daily work – or where they actually suspect research misconduct in the research environment.
The special advisers are appointed by the deans on the recommendation of the academic councils.
On the recommendation of the academic councils, Rector Brian Bech Nielsen has appointed two members from each faculty to constitute a new Committee for Responsible Conduct of Research at AU.
The committee will replace the Research Practices Committee, which has functioned for the last 15 years as a local body to deal with cases of possible breaches of responsible conduct of research committed by researchers affiliated with AU.
The basis for the work of the new advisers and the committee is a new code of practice to ensure scientific integrity and responsible conduct of research, which was adopted by the senior management team after a longer consultation process in the academic environments, and which came into force on 25 March this year.
Advisers on responsible conduct of research at Aarhus University
Science and Technology
- Professor Klaus Mølmer, Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Professor Hans Henrik Edlund, Department of Law
- Professor Bobby Zachariae, Department of Psychology (alternate)
- Senior Associate Professor Emeritus Hans Fink, Department of Culture and Society
- Associate Professor Morten Dige, Department of Culture and Society (alternate)
- Professor with special responsibilities (MSO) Ebba Nexø, Department of Clinical Medicine
- Professor Michael Væth, Department of Public Health (alternate)
The Committee for Responsible Conduct of Research at Aarhus University
Science and Technology
- Professor Karl Anker Jørgensen, Department of Chemistry
- Professor Susanne Bødker, Department of Computer Science
- Professor Palle Bo Madsen, Department of Law (Chair)
- Professor Tom Engsted, Department of Economics and Business
- Professor Bobby Zachariae, Department of Psychology and Behavioural Sciences
- Professor Søren Serritzlew, Department of Political Science (alternate)
- Professor Sven Tarp, Department of Business Communication (alternate)
- Professor Svend Andersen,Department of Culture and Society
- Associate Professor Jette Kofoed, Danish School of Education
- Associate Professor Martijn van Beek, Department of Culture and Society (alternate)
- Associate Professor Kirsten Frandsen, School of Communication and Culture (alternate)
- Professor Vibeke Bælum, Department of Dentistry
- Associate Professor Ask Vest Christiansen, Department of Public Health
- Clinical Professor Claus Gravholt, Department of Clinical Medicine (alternate)
- Associate Professor Sebastian Frische, Department of Biomedicine (alternate)
Translated by Peter Lambourne